Mad Men: Season 2
The second season of the American television drama series Mad Men premiered on July 27, 2008 and concluded on October 26, 2008. It consisted of thirteen episodes, each running approximately 47 minutes in length. AMC broadcast the second season on Sundays at 10:00 pm in the United States.
Season two takes place between February and October 1962, culminating with the Cuban Missile Crisis. It expands on Peggy’s rise in the workplace and the marital strife between Don and Betty Draper as Don’s infidelities further intrude on his family life. The second season also introduces an unknown acquaintance of Don Draper. Draper is corresponding by letter with this unseen acquaintance in secret.
The second season was met with critical acclaim. The second season of Mad Men was honored with the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series, the Golden Globe Award for Best Drama Series, and recognition by the American Film Institute, all for the second year in a row.
- 2 - 1For Those Who Think Young Jul. 27, 2008
- 2 - 2Flight 1 Aug. 03, 2008
- 2 - 3The Benefactor Aug. 10, 2008
- 2 - 4Three Sundays Aug. 17, 2008
- 2 - 5The New Girl Aug. 24, 2008
- 2 - 6Maidenform Aug. 31, 2008
- 2 - 7The Gold Violin Sep. 07, 2008
- 2 - 8A Night to Remember Sep. 14, 2008
- 2 - 9Six Month Leave Sep. 28, 2008
- 2 - 10The Inheritance Oct. 05, 2008
- 2 - 11The Jet Set Oct. 12, 2008
- 2 - 12The Mountain King Oct. 19, 2008
- 2 - 13Meditations in an Emergency Oct. 26, 2008