Mad Men: Season 1
The first season of the American television drama series Mad Men premiered on July 19, 2007 and concluded on October 18, 2007. It consisted of thirteen episodes, each running approximately 47 minutes. AMC broadcast the first season on Thursdays at 10:00 pm in the United States. Actors Jon Hamm, Elisabeth Moss, Vincent Kartheiser, January Jones, Christina Hendricks, Bryan Batt, Michael Gladis, Aaron Staton, Rich Sommer, and Maggie Siff receive main cast billing.
Season one takes place between March and November 1960. It introduces the fictional advertising agency Sterling Cooper. The season begins with the new secretary, Peggy Olson, starting her first day with the firm. As the season unfolds, the mysterious backstory of enigmatic ad man Don Draper is revealed as are the growing confidence and success of Peggy Olson.
The first season was highly praised for its excellence in writing, acting, and art design. It was acknowledged with numerous honors from industry awards, including the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series, the Golden Globe Award for Best Drama Series, and a Peabody Award.
- 1 - 1Smoke Gets in Your Eyes Jul. 19, 2007
- 1 - 2Ladies Room Jul. 26, 2007
- 1 - 3Marriage of Figaro Aug. 02, 2007
- 1 - 4New Amsterdam Aug. 09, 2007
- 1 - 55G Aug. 16, 2007
- 1 - 6Babylon Aug. 23, 2007
- 1 - 7Red in the Face Aug. 30, 2007
- 1 - 8The Hobo Code Sep. 06, 2007
- 1 - 9Shoot Sep. 13, 2007
- 1 - 10Long Weekend Sep. 27, 2007
- 1 - 11Indian Summer Oct. 04, 2007
- 1 - 12Nixon Vs. Kennedy Oct. 11, 2007
- 1 - 13The Wheel Oct. 17, 2007